© 2013-2015 WhadUSay?, LLC All Rights Reserved
Payment & Invoicing Terms
1. All invoices are to be paid in full before dispatch of goods.
2. VAT and all indirect taxes, duties and levies are unless otherwise shown, payable in addition to prices quoted. Invoices will be posted upon dispatch of goods.
3. "WhadUSay?" and Wolf may use its connection with the buyer in its advertising of its goods and services.
4. All goods will be carefully inspected before delivery, to ensure freedom from defects and general compliance with the order.
5. The buyer must examine the goods immediately upon delivery and within 7 days thereafter notify "WhadUSay?" in writing of any defects, and return any allegedly defective part to "WhadUSay?" at the buyers cost in the event that no liability attaches to "WhadUSay?" and Wolf in respect of defects. In default the buyer will be deemed to have examined and accepted the goods.
Products manufactured and sold by Wolf (the Company) and distributed by "WhadUSay?"are warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 12 months under normal use. If a product sold by the Company and distributed by "WhadUSay?" proves to be defective, the Company will repair or replace it free of charge within the first year.
All warranties are non-transferable and do not apply to any products damaged by accident, physical or electrical misuse or abuse, improper installation, alteration, any use contrary to its intended function, unauthorised service, fire, flood, lightning or other acts of God. Our warranty limits the company’s liability to the repair or replacement of the product only. The Company and "WhadUSay?" shall not be responsible for removal and/or any incidental or reinstallation charges, damages to or theft of the vehicle or its contents, or any incidental or consequential damages caused by any failure or alleged failure of the product to function properly. The Company and "WhadUSay?" neither assumes nor authorizes any person or organization to make any warranties or assume any liabilities in connection with the sale, installation or use of the Company’s products.
Please ensure to contact "WhadUSay?" before making any returns. We require a copy of either the delivery note or product invoice to be with the goods, along with a description of the fault. Any goods found to be in working order will be returned. If you do not want the goods returned a handling charge of up to 25% of the value of the goods may be charged. If the goods are found to be faulty a replacement will be sent to you. Wolf and "WhadUSay? are not responsible for the cost of return carriage to or from our premises.